Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THE WEEKEND ENDEAVORS:
A DATE at the DUMP and not feeling well. 
Last Friday I developed an incredibly annoying headache while I was at work, I kept trying to push it off and move on because it was date night! And I love date night. I came home threw my hair in a messy bun and asked Tad what he wanted to do first. He explained he had changed his mind and wanted to load the old fence onto the trailer and take it to the dump. I can laugh about it now, but then it was not so funny. A DATE AT THE DUMP, every woman’s dream! And so we loaded the old fence, took it to the dump then realized the Green work truck was still being used so we filled our time by getting gravel since we still had the trailer from my parents. At this point in our date, we are filthy, hot and smell …… like the dump. J I’m starving because work was busy and I had not eaten lunch. My plan was to come home and eat… then the dump was going to close, then the stone place was going to close… later and later into the day it went.
FINALLY we had done what had to be done, my head felt like it was going to split my stomach was not feeling well at all…. So we went to dinner. I was stubborn and determined to get some part of my date right and take my sweetheart to dinner. We get to Chili’s order and by the time the food comes I’m scoping out a bathroom. Then waited in the car while Tad had them put our uneaten food in boxes and then went home to bed. Boy am I thankful for a great husband who is compassionate and caring. He took great care of me.

By Saturday morning I was feeling better. I still felt sick but I was able to handle it. Just had to take little breaks every once in a while. It was the only day we had the rented tractor so we had plenty to accomplish. 

Step 1: 


Step 2: 


Step 3:  


 Step 4: 


Step 5:  


Are you tired yet? WE were so tired! It's about lunch time at this point... then we started to set all the posts. The picture above shows Tad preparing this "master" post to be cemented in so we could do the other posts in a straight line. Sierra was super sweet and came to help. It was SO nice to have an extra pair of hands! We planned to clear out where we usually have our pool while we had the tractor. I forgot to take a picture after because I was pooped and not thinking about it. 

Now we can celebrate the posts are in! We are working on the stringers at the moment. Then comes the slats. Slowly but surely we are building a fence! Once the side is done we will do our front fence. We are really excited to have our project finished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment